I used softer felt for the base, but personally I think that hard felt would have been better, however in my case was too thick to sew. I attached the yellow felt, which made the bottom of the basket, to the half cut flower shape. Next I did the same on the other side. Can you see, it is starting to resemble a basket!
Now I cut the extra part from what was the inside flower shape, like this:
The basket ended up looking like this.
Next I decorated the flower shapes. Once i was happy with the choice of fabric ( same as last year) I used Vlisofix and a hot iron to attach the cut fabric pieces to the felt. I than appliqued the flower using brown thread on the sewing machine to outline the shape of the figure. I really like this technique, it can never be perfect but it looks very cute. Off course my daughter is helping me hold the fabric in place. Next I attached the outside flower to the inside flower. I decided to baste the felt to keep both pieces in place so i didn't have to worry about pins.
I used a contrasting yellow thread and a simple decorative stitch from my sewing machine. Not to forget a handle attached with some buttons and here is the finished basket. Now from the other side. However, I found a little problem.. The outside flower was heavier than the inside and was pulling slightly so I had to attach the inside and the outside part together.
Finaly to complete the look I added two tiny stuffed felt creatures - a ladybird and a buzzy bee. Finished!!! I hope my daughther will have lots of fun collecting Easter eggs in her basket! Love, Irina xx