4 Nov 2013

Belated Halloween

{ has it really been so long}

My dearest readers, I can't quite believe that it has been six months since my last post. Of course I made things over the past months (I would have gone crazy if I didn't) but some how I didn't find the time to blog.
I am planning a post to show you how the past few months have been but in the mean time here are some photos from our little Halloween party last week. It was so much fun making everything...the witch's fingers were my absolute favorite.




Witch's broom sticks and witch's fingers- everyone loved them! I followed this really easy tutorial and they turned out so realistic plus they had the added benefit of actually being cookies. The red dye was my addition (simply dilute some red food color in a little bit of water and use a paint brush to make the blood splatters) It definitely added to the effect.
For the brooms I used cheese strings which was much easier than the tutorials I found on Pinterest.


We couldn't skip the cake pops following last years Cake Pop Halloween Party so they seem to become a bit of party tradition in our home. I always use Dr Oetker's Chocolate Cake Mix and they are delicious every time plus I dip them in white chocolate so they were more like double chocolate cake pops.  They are sprinkled with black and orange sugar which I got in a little package from Lovely Mum.




Yes, Lovely Little Son has grown up quite a bit. He definitely helped making sure there are no Dragon's Nails ( aka Buggles) left.



Although a bit cheesy in my opinion, this bowl proved a great hit with the kids. It not only slapped your hand when you tried to get a sweetie but it also gave out a scary growl.  No wonder a few packs of sweets remained untouched...



Mummy sausages - they tasted yum and were really easy to make but I am not sure the kids really knew what a mummy was...maybe next year.



Some girlie scull cookies which no question tasted delicious but were a bit time consuming. I know that blogland is filled with beautiful cookies and informative tutorials, but despite the Royal Icing Sugar which a lovely friend bought back from the UK ( thank you!) I just couldn't get it right. Hours of you tube video watching also didn't help...the consistency of my icing was nothing like those videos showed. Yes, I know you can't tell (unless you are LilaLoa) but after the seventh cookie I just gave up. But the eye lashes and the orange bow were real fun to make.

Hope you are all having a great week!

Love,
Irina xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how much work, we hadn't had Halloween this year and there were only 4 kids passing our house and asking for sweets, have a good time, bye, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how wonderful! My girlie love to dress up, we had blast at my friend's house with her two girls but we didn't go from house to house. We bought candies and ate them all at the kitchentable. Very comfortable!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting Halloween event! Thanks for sharing the pictures. This year we celebrated Halloween at one of venues in Chicago. It was one of most enjoyable events we ever had attended and even the food served was quite delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.