19 Sept 2011

Being frugal

{and the felted jumper}

I bought this jumper a couple of years ago for Lovely Husband. It is 100% merino wool and I quite liked the colour. Only after a few months in shrunk in the washing machine and became mine. Well it shrunk again and than it found its self in the pile of clothes destined to the local charity shop. 

 
I have been wanting to make something using felt for ages and so I decided to recycle the jumper and make something for Lovely Little Daughter.

I found the inspiration between the pages of Marie Claire Idees – I love those little cardigans…

 
I wasn’t sure about the quality of the felt and how it is going to turn out, so first I made a jumper for my girl's little teddy – which in her case is a giant mouse.

 
Well, you know I am not good at making clothes but the result was actually not too bad.


 
I made my own bias tape and if you haven’t got a bias tape making tool than I suggest you to get one – it is easy to use, the tape is done in no time and I love the fact that I can use any fabric…in this case some Liberty prints would have been great but sadly I had none left.
Both Lovely Daughter and Lovely Giant Mouse were very pleased.

Wishing you all a lovely week!

Love
Irina xx

P.S. Off to clean my sewing machine now as felt leaves so much fluff, it’s unbelievable.

16 comments:

  1. They both look stunning! I love the kimono look, very cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out really well; super cute! And yes, a bias tape maker is wonderful, no? I finally got one last month and am all excited about it, ha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You say 'not too bad' - I say amazing!! They are totally gorgeous! Great job. And I think I must get myself a bias binding tool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet they were pleased! What a great way to recycle an old jumper!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They worked brilliantly! A great way to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not good at sewing? As if... your work rocks!! Lovely daughter and lovely teddy are very lucky to have a lovely Mommy that makes lovely (and awesome) clothes! Chapeau!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, ganz süße Sachen, aber jetzt geht es mit dem Kommentar, habe Mozilla runtergeladen....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! You are so talented, how on earth...?! I wouldn't know where to start yet both looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. everything is wonderful!
    The baby will be happy =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh they are both adorable!!! Great idea :)

    How do you felt the woolly jumper??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you.... they are all fantastic ideas..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the comment on my "Summer Outfit For Baby" My eldest daughter was in Germany for your Summer visiting my brother in Berlin. She also went to Munich, Hamburg and went on a Sound of Music tour to Austria. You have a great blog and a new follower :-) Did you make this jumper without a pattern? Very clever. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. สล็อตฟรี
    เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete
  14. สล็อตฝาก10รับ100
    เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา. เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุดเกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็วเว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี.สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.