29 Mar 2013

Happy Easter!

{ it is almost Easter}

I love Easter! It is my second favorite holiday of the whole year and this year as usual I was looking forward to Easter - to decorate the house again, to dye Easter eggs with my girl, to tell her the story of Jesus and to actually wave goodbye to that long horrible winter. Well, the horrible winter doesn't seem to have any intention of going away, it was in fact snowing today here in Frankfurt. I mean, come on, its almost Easter...

And than I realized that I haven't blogged for the whole of March. Noooo! I have been doing so many things...mostly baking and crafting. I just didn't seem to have the camera handy or the time to put any photos on my blog.

So this year as every year, on the Thursday before Good Friday we colored some eggs. We didn't do any of my "famous" cotton pads eggs but we tried leaf printing and the old method with the lace tights. The colors turned out really rich and vibrant (despite the last yellow egg which didn't color very well, but for some reason it has found its way right on top of the basket . Better attention to detail next time).


And here is our Easter tree... It actually stays on the ledge of the big window.
It's in the middle of the room just for the photo.


And as Kindergarten was closed today and I had too keep little fingers away from mischief Lovely Little Big Daughter and I baked some chocolate chip cookies. And boy, were they absolutely chewy and delicious.





Here is the recipe if you'd like to make some. The cookie dough takes 5 min to make and it was enough for 16 cookies. I guess you can double up the recipe if you have lots of visitors over the Easter break.

Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies ( from Cooks.com)

1/2 cup butter (about 100 gr)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup of chocolate chips
1/2 tsp.salt

Mix all ingredients well and use an ice-cream spoon to scoop out balls from the dough. Line a tray with baking paper and put about seven or eight little balls. Bake at 160C for about 8 min. ( Time could vary but it will be between 6 and 10 min).

If you are not sure how to get that lovely rounded edge on your cookies than check out this post by Design Mom on the ultimate chocolate chip cookie. As you can see mine have the yummy edge but I guess it's only begginers luck.

Wishing you all a lovely Easter!

Love,
Irina xx

9 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Those cookies look yummy.
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Easter tree, and those cookies look good enough to eat. Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Красотища! Позитив!

    ReplyDelete
  4. สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์
    เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา

    ReplyDelete
  5. สล็อต 999
    เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  6. ที่ไหนไม่แตก แต่ที่นี้แตกกันทุกวัน พิเศษที่สุด สมัครวันนี้เปิดยูสฟรี ไม่มีขั้นต่ำ อย่าเพิ่งเชือจนกว่าจ้ะได้ลอง ทุuหลัn 100 บวnหลัn 1000


    สล็อต168

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing This is really inspiring and I love to read more about this. visit Chinese b2b platform

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoy shopping in lovely locations, and this article is ideal for me. Thank you for sharing Eyes Cosmetics Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. I try this recipe first time, and I must say you did a great job, although I here for searching a platform to Buy best coursework writing service and accidentally landed on your post, but I really apreciate your recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.