17 Jul 2011

I love new fabrics

I got lovely comments on my post “Delicious cake for a rainy day”, so before I show you the little pile of new fabrics that I acquired during our holiday in Northern Germany, I would like to share the recipe for the cake – it is fool proof, seriously tasty and easier that I ever thought! Try it!

From the book “Frame by frame – baking” purchased at Marks and Spencer’s and given to me as a Christmas gift by Lovely Mum two years ago…

Blueberry and Passionfruit Drizzle Squares (makes 9 squares)

Ingredients
150g butter, softened, plus extra for greasing
2 eggs
175g golden caster sugar
175g slef raising flour
90ml milk
finely grated zest of one lemon
225g blueberries

Syrup:
4 ripe passionfruits
115g icing sugar, plus extra, sifted for dusting

Preparation:
Preheat the oven to 190C and grease and base-line a 23cm cake tin.
Whisk the butter, eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Fold in the flour lightly and evenly.
Stir in the milk, lemon zest and 175g blueberries. Spread into the cake tin.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30min until firm and golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave in the tin.
Meanwhile make the syrup. Scoop the pulp from the passionfruit and rub through a sieve. Discard the pips.
Place the icing sugar and the passion fruit juice in a saucepan and heat gently, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
Prick the warm cake with a fork and spoon the syrup evenly over the surface.
Leave the cake to cool completely in the tin and cut into 9 squares. Enjoy!


And now back to sewing and fabrics…I picked up a few fabrics at the Dutch Fabric Market, a bought some in a shop called Charlotta’s in Hamburg and I discovered some lovely prints on sale at the Alster House in the centre of Hamburg.


Below are some simple combinations and I am still wondering what to do, but I really love the cars fabric and maybe I will cover some little buttons to sew onto a jumper or to use for some other decoration…





Off to make mini banana muffins...
 
Enjoy your Sunday!
 
Love,
Irina xx

11 comments:

  1. Ooooooo, your new fabric is making me green with envy. And I am definitely adding your cake to my to do list. It's healthy - right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha - I think we posted on each other blogs simultaneously

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of car buttons! And it's too funny you got the recipe from Frame by Frame baking -- I have that! And my Mum gave it to me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Irina, thanks for visiting my blog! I'm very envious of your fabric purchases as I've been struggling to find good places to buy fabric over here. Do you have any recommendations in the Frankfurt area? I've found one small shop in Oberursel with a small selection, but I'm sure there must be some other shops out there ... somewhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really funny Astrid, seems it's a Mum's thing!

    I know what you mean about fabrics Fiona, I very often go to Karshtad to droll over the lovely prints there and usually leave empty handed as I think they are quite expensive. I recently discovered the Dutch Fabric Market. It happens once or twice a year, next date for Frankfurt is 25th of Sept but you can find more information here http://www.stoffmarktholland.de/stoffmarkt/. I went to the last one a few weeks ago and the fabrics were reasonably priced. Predominantly there were polka dots and ginghams but I definitely think it is worth a look.
    Apart of that, there is a little shop off the Zeil in Frankfurt but they never have anything really special. They do however have a warehouse somewhere outside Frankfurt, we went once but I don’t seem to have the address. I will post it as soon as I find it. A website I know is Volksfaden, however as with all web shops one can't touch the fabric before purchase. http://www.volksfaden.de/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Irina,

    Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting!! I am eyeing out your Blueberry and Passionfruit Drizzle Squares - I'll drop you a note if/when I get around to making it :).

    BTW - where did you get your Self Raising flour from? The last time I was in Frankfurt (last year) I was not able to find any. I ended up buying some during a quick trip to London and taking it back to Frankfurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Petiteleit, honestly I am not sure if I used self raising flour. I think it was just organic white flour. However there is a little shop in central Frankfurt called Taste of Britain and I am pretty sure they have the Hovis brand there. Drop me a line if you make the cake, I would love to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am changing my ticket :-)..can't wait to try the new Blueberry and Passionfruit
    creation...lovely fabrics by the way, I am sure that you will not be short of ideas what to do with them and surprise us again.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Love you
    mama xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. สล็อต 999
    เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อตฟรี
    เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็วเว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี.

    ReplyDelete
  11. สล็อตฝาก10รับ100
    เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา. เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว เว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่สุดยอดเว็บที่รวบรวมเกมฮิตไว้มากที่สุดไว้รอพวกคุณ

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.