28 Jul 2011

Some muffins and more sewing


I have been a bit busy sewing for the forthcoming craft fair, and I can’t wait to show you photos but I am afraid you’ll have to wait a little bit more.

Today I decided to make some Yogurt and Honey muffins to put in the lunch boxes of Lovely Little Daughter and Lovely Husband. They turned out well but I should have put a bit more honey or maybe a bit of brown sugar…and maybe a bit more butter would have ensured the smooth removal of the paper…

A good tip I found in the BBC Good Food magazine if you are using honey, is to spread a bit of oil on the spoon you’ll be using. Wow, it works really well, not a drop of honey was left on the spoon. However I should have greased a bit the little pot I was using as I noticed at the end that some honey was left on the bottom.
 I don’t actually know why I have the brown sugar out! The recipe did not ask for any brown sugar.

 Have a yummy evening!

Love 
Irina xx

10 comments:

  1. ahh no - now I'm going to have to go down and get myself a cake - they look very yummy. I've broken yet another hand whisk - that is the third, I must be doing something wrong and I'm down to my last 3 frozen cupcakes - and I can't buy another whisk til next week. My son would love those ones - he is a honey monster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tip for measuring honey! I always end up with it everywhere :) Love your polkadot tray...but I do have a thing for polkadots LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious a perfect treat for afternoon tea. I have also tried the oil trick for honey and it does really work a treat! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honey and Yoghurt sounds like a perfect combination! These would be great for the school lunch boxes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh these look very yummy! Im a bit of a baking disaster zone so I wont try and make these ;o) Scarlett x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...what a nice blog you have !!!!
    Love
    Gabi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comment on my blog...the macarons were surprisingly easy and yummy. I see you are in Frankfurt...I am visiting relatives in Germany in a couple of months and fly out of Frankfurt...they live in the Somborn/Freigericht/Gondsroth areas....Lookign forward to seeing where my Dad was born and grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The muffins look very yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmm.. Honig-joghurt klingt wirklich lecker!! :)
    Ich danke Dir für Deine lieben Worte, die Du mir in meinem Blog hinterlassen hast!
    Ich bin Deine neueste "Verfolgerin". ;)
    Ganz liebe Grüße,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the comment on my blog.I'm glad you liked it. I have just added the follower apps.Do drop by when you are free.
    By the way, the muffins look delicious XD

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.