21 Jul 2011

In The Bottom Drawer

A recent post from “A spoonful of sugar” prompted me to look for my own UFO’s…oh dear!

I never start a new book, before I finish the old one so I simply assumed that this rule will somehow subconsciously be applied to my sewing and creating projects…and I managed to keep up with it for a while until I discovered my UFO’s drawer. I didn’t really know I had a UFO drawer, but it is there, the very last one in my wonky metal cabinet and through the holes of the mesh I could see things, long ago started but never finished. Yes things, not one, not two but many big or small sewing attempts which for one reason or another were never completed.

 
Whole nine UFO's were patiently waiting to be rediscovered:
 
 
A slice of cake waiting to have the "chocolate" stick sewn back
 
 
A duck I made a couple of years ago who's leg needs repairing
 

A soft ball, otherwise ready but missing the final stitch
 
 
A robot cushion I started before Christmas
 
 
Train cushion started at the same time as above
 
 
Oh dear, remember this one...still unfinished
 
 
After I made six letter cushions I got a bit bored hence the unfinished M
 
 
I was going to make continuous bias tape but never got round to doing it
 
 
Baby bed decoration...
 
Let’s see which one to start first!

Do you have UFO's lurking in some bottom drawer?
Love,
Irina xx

11 comments:

  1. i have some, but they are mostly in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, it made my day. Glad you liked the Sew Hip mouse, my sister really liked the one I made for her for Xmas too.

    You have some lovely UFO's - you must set yourself a goal of finishing one every month or something, I seem to scatter my half-finished projects all over the house, so I think I need a basket too, to focus my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ! Can I have the small cushion with LOVE and a heart please...I am your biggest fan :-)
    Love you
    mama xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful drawer - lots of lovelies here to finish. The baby bed decoration is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love UFOs because all you need is a bit of grit, determination, and a free day, and suddenly you've managed to get them all finished. You have to wait til you're in the right mood, but then it's great to just tick, tick, tick the things off and end up with a whole stash of new stuff. I love the look of the letter cushions - what a nice gift that would make for a birthday. What do you stuff these cushions with?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice post, you give the clear idea of the topic and I subscribed your blog, I have some links to share here

    buy modalert online


    buy artvigil online


    buy waklert online


    buy modvigil online


    buy vilafinil online

    ReplyDelete
  8. สล็อตโจ๊กเกอร์
    อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว

    ReplyDelete
  9. สล็อต 999
    เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  10. สล็อตฟรี
    เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็วเว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี.

    ReplyDelete
  11. สล็อตฝาก10รับ100
    เว็บสล็อตออนไลน์เป็นเว็บไซต์ที่ได้รับการปรับขนาดจากเกมสล็อตเดิม ๆ มาสู่รูปแบบออนไลน์​ที่ช่วยให้นักพนันสามารถเล่นเกมสล็อตได้ทุกที่และทุกเวลา. เล่นสล็อตออนไลน์ สุดยอดสล็อตออนไลน์ในมือถือที่ดีที่สุด ที่นักล่ารางวัลทั่วโลกกล่าวถึงมากที่สุด รวมเกมฮิต เกมดัง เกมปังไว้มากที่สุด เกมส์สล็อต คือคาสิโนรูปแบบง่ายที่สุด เป็นตู้ออกรางวัลตามที่ได้ เริ่มเป็นที่รู้จักในแวดวงบ้าน​เรามากขึ้นเรื่อยๆ ด้วยความง่ายในการเล่น อยากเล่นเกมส์แบบไหน สามารถดูตัวอย่างเกมสล็อต และอีกข้อที่สำคัญที่ควรพิจารณาก็คือ การฝาก-ถอนรวดเร็ว เว็บสล็อตมาตรฐาน เว็บสล็อตที่ส่งตรงมาให้ท่านได้เล่นจากคาสิโนจริง ๆ เพื่อให้ท่านได้มี​ความมั่นใจในการเล่นเกมส์สล็อตกับเรา สมัครเล่นสล็อตฟรี สล็อตออนไลน์ เว็บคาสิโนออนไลน์ มั่นคง ปลอดภัย โอนไว จ่ายจริง. สล็อตออนไลน์ สล็อต สมัครวันนี้ รับโบนัสแรกเข้าทันที สำหรับสมาชิกใหม่สุดยอดเว็บที่รวบรวมเกมฮิตไว้มากที่สุดไว้รอพวกคุณ

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.