14 Jul 2011

Wall frames


That’s it; I am finally converted into using glue with fabric. It took a very long time as I always tried to avoid gluing fabric, but I tried it for some wall frames I made for Lovely Little Daughter and her little friends.

I picked up this set of stamps at the local Idee shop in Hamburg and they are just so cool. The right font I always wanted with a little bit of vintage twist (just a shame there are no numbers included).


I had to try them and I decided to make a room sign for Lovely Little Daughter’s room. She thought it was very nice but I wish I had made the bunting out of fabric and not out of paper. The little fabric rosette is very easy to make although I had to do it a few times but here is the tutorial I followed – it is very well explained and includes colour photos. But beware – the rosettes are highly addictive!


A few weeks ago when asked who her best friend is, our daughter quite cleverly got away by saying that she had a Girl Best Friend and a Boy Best Friend - how sweet!. So at her request I made some wall frames for her friends!

I loved making the frames, it made a nice change from sewing!

Love
Irina xx


3 comments:

  1. They look really cute!
    The rolled roses make great hairclips too! (or even glued onto a headband). I make them onto a circle of felt, and then stick them onto a clip or a headband. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any project with a banner is a winner with me :) Love your colour choices...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply GREAT, love it :-)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.