31 Mar 2011

A lazy afternoon

Today I finally had enough of my fabric scraps living in plastic bags and decided to make some boxes. Some fabric boxes! I used a great tutorial by The Sometimes Crafter and it is absolutely unbelievable how quickly they were ready. I made two – actually I wanted one, but than I realised that I had matching fabric in a different colour and made another one for my felt cuttings.







pic namepic name





pic namepic name

Although I followed the tutorial, I actually bought iron on interfacing. First I ironed the interfacing onto the reverse side of the outside fabric, and than I sewed the corners. It made the edges a bit harder. Also a good tip from the tutorial is to make the lining a littlle bit smaller than the outside of the box. It fits nicely inside.



After I made this box I was so pleased with the result and how nicely it looked on my work shelf, that i decided to make another one.



My little daughter was so patient with me and my sewing that I decided to make a crown for her. I've been wanting to make this crown for ever. It is from the book The Creative Family by Amanda Blake Soule, and its really cool. For some reason I imagined it pink, but my daughter demanded a red one - her favourite colour at the moment. And mummy loves polka dot!



And than we played with Playdoh...

And sent an MMS photo to daddy...


Hope you all have a lazy afternoon sometime soon!


Irina xx

2 comments:

  1. they look great! Another thing to add to my list of things to try.
    Loving the new blog look too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fabric boxes look great! I really prefer iron-on interfacing but have yet to see one that is stiff enough, but it looks like you found one that works well. I need to take a look again next time i'm at the fabric store. The sew-in can be kind of a pain sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment if you'd like... I love reading every single one of them and to make it easier there is no annoying word verification.